• To provide emergency care to the citizens of Islamabad round the clock
• To provide the First Aid emergency Services to the Patient’s and to shift/transport to the nearest hospital.
• To cater/response any type of natural and man made disaster like road traffic accident, gunshot and bomb blast, burns, stroke, acute cardiac /respiratory problem, loss of consciousness, other drugs intoxication, any other problem putting life of the patient at risk Earthquake, road accident and flood etc.
• To deploy the ambulances on special occasions like Government level VIP functions, religious procession, Political rallies, foreign dignitaries visits etc.
• To coordinate with other departments/organizations/institutions relating to medical emergency.
• To take necessary steps for betterment/improvement of this service on the basis of experiences.
• Citizens of Islamabad can avail MCI-CARES 1122 facility round the clock by dialing UAN 1122 (free of cost).
• The control room receives the emergency calls from the different area of Islamabad and direct the nearest /concerned ambulance unit to rush the site for providing necessary First-Aid assistance.
• All emergencies are transported to the nearest Government /semi government hospitals, Islamabad in specific coverage area of each station. Such emergencies are also transported to private hospitals on the request of the patient /attendant.
• Emergencies record is maintained by filling “Patient Profroma Book” which is also computerized on daily basis.
• Communication is maintained through wireless /mobile phones & landlines at the headquarter.
• Medical Legal emergencies are transported to Govt. Hospitals having Medico-legal cover.
• Rs.200/- are charged for transportation facilities other than road accident etc.
12 - Existing LOCATIONS of MCI CARES CENTER:
• E-7, near Faisal Mosque. • F-6, near Super Market. • G-6/2, Capital Hospital.
• G-10, Markaz. • I-8, near CDA Enquiry. • I-10/2, west service road.
• Sihala, Rural Health Center • Tramri Chowk, Rural Health Center • Bharakahu, Rural Health Center
• Golra, Road side Porta Cabin placed • Sohan, Road side Porta Cabin placed • F-10/E-11, Directorate of Health Services
Proposed 04 New Sites
• Tarnool • E-11 Signal
• 26 Number • Rawal Dam Chowk
NEWLY ESTABLISHED CENTERS ON THE DIRECTIVES OF PRIME MINISTER OF PAKISTAN:
PERFORMANCE DURING COVID PANDEMIC:
CARES-1122 Directorate is fully involved in medical and rescue activities as a front line workers. Resultantly, Directorate of Cares-1122 has visited each and every case of COVID-19 patients on the directions of District Administration, ICT as well as Directorate of Health Services, CDA for interviewing or shifting of patients to quarantine Centers/Hospitals. As a result of fact, Cares-1122 Directorate has attended 957 COVID-19 positive patients and their families at their door steps till 12.09.2020 and further transportation of patients to hospitals /quarantine centers, as the case may be.
EXISTING AMBULANCES = 22
Year/Model: 2006 (15)
Make & Type:
Mercedes sprinter 311 CDI
Ambulances donated by Govt. of China (07)
Make & Type: (JOYLONG CHINA MADE)
PROPOSED FUTURE LOCATIONS OF MCI CARES CENTER:
CARES, Capital Hospital, G-6/2, Near Melody, Islamabad