The Central Engineering Laboratory Directorate was bifurcated into two Directorates in 2007.
i. Geology & Hydrology Laboratory Directorate.
ii. Material Quality Control Laboratory Directorate.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
GEOLOGICAL & HYDROLOGY:
1. Rendering advice to Tube well division regarding tube well design.
2. Preparation of log charts of bore holes.
3. Rock classification in road/ sector developments, buildings.
4. Monitoring of all tube wells.
5. Preparation of data regarding draw-down discharge and safe yield of each tube well.
6. Keeping record of tube well seismic activates in capital area.
This directorate is created in year 2007 but not facilitated with proper technical staff and equipments.
Mauve Area, Water Testing Laboratory Building, Near Police Foundation Office, G-10/4, Islamabad.