Directorate of Emergency & Disaster Management
Emergency and Disaster Management Directorate was established in 2008 in the aftermath of 2005 earthquake and Marriot fire incident realizing the increasing importance of a fully equipped, pro-active and fast disaster mitigation and response unit of trained and motivated men and women.
Directorate with a strength of 559 persons comprises of :
- A well equipped Fire Brigade. Recently revamped through purchase of 35 new fire tenders and four snorkels (two 29 meters, two 68 meters)
- Well trained team of “Searchers and Rescuers” ready to enter and rescue victims from any collapse structure
- A fire Prevention and Audit wing doing safety audits of Pubic Use Buildings thus reducing risk of incidents
- Emergency & Disaster Management Academy
- There has been a recruitment and training of 207 fireman to further strengthen the wing.
- Fire tenders have been strategically deployed for swift reaction in minimum time
- Fire & Rescue has successfully addressed over 349 incidents in last three months
Director, Emergency & Disaster Management, Fire Head Quarter Building, G-7/1, Islamabad